LABA Earn-a-Bike Program
(Launching in 2022)
This is a fun, experiential earn and learn program that introduces youth ages 8-18 to bicycle safety education, bicycle mechanics and maintenance, as well as life lessons!
- Participants will develop the necessary technical skills to strip and rebuild a bicycle through a hand- on curriculum.
- Safe riding instruction to create empowered and self-sufficient young cyclists.
- Upon completion of the program, graduates will receive the bicycle they built, helmet, lock, and tool kit!
By participating in the Earn-A-Bike program, students:
- Develop mechanical and technical aptitude, and skillset
- Students learn the value of participation, teamwork, productive work, punctuality, dependability, self-sufficiency, equity, and more!
- Develop a sense of pride and individual responsibility
- Develop valuable time management skills
- Promote repurposing and recycling
- Engage in a healthy lifestyle
Stay tuned for more info!
Bicycle Career Education and Programming
LABA’s bicycle career education and programming will be available for all youth in our program. Figuring out what their interests are, what skills they have or need to develop, can create a challenge when it comes to deciding a college major or finding and landing a job. Through in person and virtual programming, participants will explore a variety of careers within the bicycle industry and bicycle retail training skills thus increasing opportunity for employment.
LABA Youth Cycling Team
Los Angeles Bicycle Academy ranges from ages 10-18 is about more than winning bike races. We believe that the purpose of competitive sports is to develop good people. We focus on the key elements of character that underlie personal and athletic success, integrity, honor, sportsmanship, teamwork, and a commitment to excellence. Our youth make a significant sacrifice to compete for LABA and we believe that we must in turn help them grow personally, intellectually, and spiritually. We also support a U23 and Women’s team.